If you guys haven’t noticed yet, I’ve caught the bug for EASY DIY gifts that people will actually use and enjoy. Cookies in a jar are cute, but let’s be honest, by the time Christmas is over cookies are the last thing I want or need. I mean, it’s a cute idea but just the thought of cookies makes my tummy hurt lol. When I stopped by Saje to grab the ingredients for my the bath salts recipe the lovely manager, Ashley, suggested I also give making hand scrubs a try as well. Turns out these scrubs are just as easy as the salts and take only two ingredients to make!
This DIY is a bit more expensive to make than the salts so I would suggest you find smaller jars for this one. Each time you use the scrub you really only need about a quarter size amount so don’t worry, a little goes a long way!
What You’ll Need:
- small jars
- twine (optional)
- greenery (optional)
- mini wooden spoons (optional)
- tags (optional) I got mine from Michaels
- 620 grams of bath salts – I suggest using Saje as they are already infused with essential oils. My favourite is Unwind! + pink fine grind pink sea salt if you wish to stretch the recipe!
- 40 ml of Jojoba or any carrier oil of your choice
- Mix 100 grams of the bath salts with about 10 drops of carrier oil. The mixture will feel quite dry and that’s ok. You can add more if you wish, but instruct the person you’re giving the gift to add a few drops of water to the scrub as they are massaging it into their hands!
- Add the scrub to a jar of your choice, wrap the jar with twine, some greenery and a tag and spoon! If you wish you may add a second tag with these instructions: add one quarter size amount to hands, add a few drops of water, scrub hands thoroughly and rinse with warm water!
Voila! Easiest DIY ever!!