You guys know that I believe a lot of people making small changes can really make a difference. My favourite quote by Anne Marie Bonneau sums it up perfectly: “We don’t need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly. We need millions of people doing it imperfectly.”
What better way to spread this message then to gift zero waste items to your family and friends! I have been shopping at Mortise & Tenon for a few years now and it’s always one of my first stops while Christmas shopping! I love grabbing a coffee (from their in house coffee shop) and perusing the shelves to find the most unique and zero waste gift ideas. I did just that a few weeks ago and I found so many great gift ideas there really is something for everyone! Whether you’re looking for stocking stuffers or you want to make a gift basket filled to the brim with goodies for that special someone, you’re sure to find something for everyone on your list!
Some of my favourite gift ideas include:
- Chico Bag- these are for produce and are super handy and small so you can fit them into your purse, that way you’re sure to remember it!
- (re)Zip Leakproof Reusable Bags- I have these and I am obsessed! I use them all the time and they’re still in great shape!
- Snack Bags- these snack bags are perfect for the kids on your list! They have so many fun prints and patterns!
- Unpaper Paper Towels– these are soft enough for hands and face but tough enough for counters, floors, and dishes! They are also hand made in YQR, bonus!
- Bees Wax Food Wrap- I also own and LOVE these! They are so easy to care for, they wrap around food and stick to containers super well and they won’t end up in the landfill… YES!
- Travel Utensils- this is new to my collection and I am so excited about them! I love how small these are and that they have a container to store the utensils in once your done eating and they’re dirty that way they won’t get your bag dirty- how genius?!
- Bamboo Scrubber: Another new item for me but I have had one similar to this in the past and they are so great- perfect for those stubborn pans!
- Go Mug- Because one can never have enough go mugs! They also have the collapsable Stojo cup that I have been loving!!
- Reusable Makeup Pads- Okay, is it just me or do you get fuzz in your eye every time you use one of those cotton pads?! SO annoying! BYE BYE fuzz! These are SO convenient and easy to use- I just keep them in a cute little holder by my sink and then throw them in the wash at the end of the week!
- Bamboo Paddle Brush– I have always used a paddle brush and I’ll never go back! Also, you can feel good about this purchase as 3% of sales are donated to women’s shelters in Pacific Northwest!
- Routine Natural Deodorant- It took me a quite some time to find the right deodorant but I finally did it! I LOVE this Routine deodorant but that doesn’t mean it’s going to work for everyone… that’s why this sample size is just perfect to stuff in someones stocking!!
Have you shopped at Mortise & Tenon before!? If so, what’s your favourite thing you’ve bought!? Mine is definitely my (re)zip bags!