Well, it’s starting… the unsettling feeling of not going back to my classroom in a few weeks. I know what you’re thinking “just take it all in” or “girl, ENJOY!” trust me I’ve heard it all and don’t worry, I am…but I’m also very anxious. I’m not taking a leave from teaching because I don’t like it anymore or I need a break, but instead because I have opportunities calling elsewhere. How am I so lucky to have found two careers I am so passionate about?! Well, the good news is I have the flexibility to incorporate as much teacher content as I want into my blog and it’s already starting…
As a teacher, I know first hand how daunting it can be walking into a government funded classroom. You are given the essentials: furniture, pencils, some board issued resources, and well, that’s about it.
To be honest, I forgot how much of it I purchased over the years until I went to pack up my classroom this June for the first time in 6 years. As I looked around, I realized that pretty much every single item on the wall, in the cupboards, and tucked away in the drawers was purchased with my money. Thousands of dollars spent simply so I can do my job: educating our youth, our future.
Unfortunately, the problem with the lack of school supplies is an ongoing issue that doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Together, we can make a difference- let’s #CLEARTHELISTS for these amazing teachers!
Teachers, if you would like your Amazon wish list to be considered, please:
- Leave your list URL in the comment section on my Instagram photo.
– Keep your list to $300 maximum so we can help more teachers.
– Only include educational items. No lap tops, coffee machine, gift cards etc.
– Add your name, the grade you teach, and the name of your school to the comment. I will be verifying teachers before clearing your list. You may also want to include any other information about your teaching circumstances!
– Make sure there is a shipping address linked to your list.
Let’s clear as many of them as we can! Not a teacher? Here are other ways to help:
- Click here to make a donation!!! The more money we can raise the more lists we will clear. Every dollar counts- $1, $5, $25… it will all add up!
– Share with your friends and family to get the word out and raise more donations – use the hashtags #clearthelist and #clearthelists
I am so excited about this! Like I said, returning to my classroom this Fall already has me feeling so emotional, so helping teachers and “shopping” for school supplies will make it a little easier!