Well, it’s starting… the unsettling feeling of not going back to my classroom in a few weeks. I know what you’re thinking “just take it all in” or “girl, ENJOY!” trust me I’ve heard it all and don’t worry, I am…but I’m also very anxious. I’m not taking a leave from teaching because I don’t like it anymore or I need a break, but instead because I have opportunities calling elsewhere. How am I so lucky to have found two careers I am so passionate about?! Well, the good news is I have the flexibility to incorporate as much teacher content as I want into my blog and it’s already starting…
As a teacher, I know first hand how daunting it can be walking into a government funded classroom. You are given the essentials: furniture, pencils, some board issued resources, and well, that’s about it.
To be honest, I forgot how much of it I purchased over the years until I went to pack up my classroom this June for the first time in 6 years. As I looked around, I realized that pretty much every single item on the wall, in the cupboards, and tucked away in the drawers was purchased with my money. Thousands of dollars spent simply so I can do my job: educating our youth, our future.
Unfortunately, the problem with the lack of school supplies is an ongoing issue that doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Together, we can make a difference- let’s #CLEARTHELISTS for these amazing teachers!
Teachers, if you would like your Amazon wish list to be considered, please:
- Leave your list URL in the comment section on my Instagram photo.
– Keep your list to $300 maximum so we can help more teachers.
– Only include educational items. No lap tops, coffee machine, gift cards etc.
– Add your name, the grade you teach, and the name of your school to the comment. I will be verifying teachers before clearing your list. You may also want to include any other information about your teaching circumstances!
– Make sure there is a shipping address linked to your list.
Let’s clear as many of them as we can! Not a teacher? Here are other ways to help:
- Click here to make a donation!!! The more money we can raise the more lists we will clear. Every dollar counts- $1, $5, $25… it will all add up!
– Share with your friends and family to get the word out and raise more donations – use the hashtags #clearthelist and #clearthelists
I am so excited about this! Like I said, returning to my classroom this Fall already has me feeling so emotional, so helping teachers and “shopping” for school supplies will make it a little easier!
Your teacher planner is beautiful!!! I absolutely love the colours! Can you please send me the link?
If you sign up for my email newsletter (you can find the link in my stories on Instagram) it will be immediately sent to you inbox!