Thank you to Pacific Foods for sponsoring this post.
I know it’s only July but back to school is right around the corner! I am particularly excited about going back to teaching this fall because I took the last year off. I LOVED my time away from the classroom but I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss it. Taking the year off has made me realize how much I really do love it. However, like any job there are thing I don’t love about teaching… and that is packing my lunch! I try my best to pack a nourishing lunch the night before to ensure I am not rushing around in the morning in a panic to put something together. But, it never fails at least once a month I’m either too lazy, too busy, too tired, or I just forget and then I’m at school without a lunch. Because I typically do lunchroom supervision, I don’t have the option of going out to grab something so that is why I always have Pacific Foods Light Sodium Creamy Tomato Soup in my desk drawer. It is so delicious, nourishing and organic unlike a lot of pre packaged lunch options it isn’t loaded with sodium and additives. Even when you’re in a pinch you can feel good about your food when you choose Pacific Foods. They use time honoured recipes and simple ingredients, they’re certified organic and have no preservatives. Not only does Pacific Foods make nourishing your body top priority, they feel the same way about the environment implementing sustainable practices which you all know is important to me!
I will be the first to admit that in the past when I would get busy, especially at school, lunch would be the first thing that would be scratched off my list. Since last year I have taken a whole new look at my body and how important it is to make sure I am taking care of myself. Maintaining a balance in my work / personal life, eating foods that are packed with ingredients to fuel my body, and committing to self care are set in my goals as I enter back into teaching full time. Setting these goals means I need to have a plan for when life gets busy- here are some tips I am going to use to try and hold myself accountable:
• book my workouts for the week on Sunday evening. That way they are in my schedule and I am held accountable.
• Set aside 1 hour on Saturdays to meal prep for the week. Cooking big batches of my favourite recipes and then portioning them into lunch portions. My favourite is the Vegan Mediterranean Bowl. It’s even better the next day so it’s perfect for lunches!
• Spend Sundays doing the things that fill my heart and allows me to relax: spend time with family and friends, take a yoga class, go for a walk or bike ride, bake, take a long bath, cook a healthy dinner, etc.
• Make sure my locker is filled with nutritious snacks and foods like Pacific Foods soups to keep my body fuelled even on the days I forget my lunch.
• Get to bed before 11pm on school nights.
I’m curious, even when you’re busy, what do you do to make sure you are taking the time to nourish your mind, body, and soul?
Special thanks to Pacific Foods for sponsoring this post!