I have shared my skincare routine on Instagram a few times now but I thought I would add it to my website for anyone who isn’t on IG and so that it has a more permanent home for you to refer back to!
You will notice I only use two brands: Beauty Counter + Drunk Elephant. That really never used to be the case but as soon as I found out I was expecting I wanted to make the switch to pregnancy and breast feeding safe products and both these lines provide that. Full disclosure, I was gifted the Drunk Elephant products but I will be purchasing them again once they run out, I LOVE them. I have been using Beauty Counter products for a few years now and have purchased all the products. My sister does sell Beauty Counter and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out and ask her for help-she is a great resource! You can follow her here.
For reference, I would say my skin in combination but more on the dry side especially during the winter months. I have VERY sensitive skin and I am currently breast feeding! I breakout hormonally and have dark spots (melasma) from my pregnancy.
Morning Skincare Routine:
Step 1: Lotus Cleansing Balm
– removes eye makeup and doesn’t burn your eyes
-feels amazing on your skin
-you can use it as a mask- just leave it on overnight for a super hydrating mask!
Step 2: All Bright C-Serum
– leaves your skin with a dewy, radiant glow
– hands down my favourite skincare product
– helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots – this has helped with my melasma (dark spots I got while pregnant with Dane)
Step 3: Brightening Face Oil
– gives your skin a bright dewy affect.
– helps with hydration.
– it’s lightweight but also very hydrating
*best face oil I have used… and I have tried a lot!
Step 4: Protini Polypeptide Moisturizer
– my all time favourite moisturizer
– thick in texture but lightweight on the skin
– very hydrating but doesn’t sit on the face or ball when putting on foundation
Step 5: Ultra Renewal Eye Cream
– helps to decrease dark circles
– very hydrating
– great for sensitive eyes. I have VERY sensitive skin and even more sensitive eyes (everything makes them water) and this doesn’t bother them.
Evening Skincare Routine
Step 1: Lotus Cleansing Balm *same as AM
Step 2: Tripeptide Radiance Serum
-hydrating – I especially like to add this step into my routine in the fall and winter
– helps with radiance – gives a nice glow! You can also use this in your AM face routine but I use the vitamin c serum instead in the day to help reduce dark spots
– great for sensitive skin
– helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
Step 3: Overnight Resurfacing Peel *every second night only*
– I will admit I have a love hate relationship with this product. I HATE the way it smells- it is so gross!
– it also burns slightly- but it is a peel so it is to be expected BUT the way it makes my skin feel the next day makes it so worth it.
– gently exfoliates the skin giving you a beautiful glow the next day!
Step 4: Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream
-VERY hydrating! The most hydrating cream I have ever used making it great for Sask winters
– some people like this cream so much they use it day and night in the winter months. I typically do not, but if I am feeling very dry I will.
Step 5: Ultra Renewal Eye Cream *Same as AM
Favourite Face Scrub: ZO Medical Exfoliating Polish
– hands down my favourite scrub ever! It is a bit of a splurge but in my opinion it is worth every penny. I have honestly probably bought 10 of them over the past 5 years.
I hope you find this helpful! What are your favourite skincare products!?